Faith Institute on Homelessness and Poverty
- How do I respond to a homeless family that has come to my congregation asking for help?
- How do agencies work together to help those in need?
- What should I do when I pull up to an intersection and a man approaches me for money?
The Faith Institute on Homelessness and Poverty is designed to educate the faith community about new ways—both compassionate and effective—to partner with community agencies to fight homelessness and poverty.
Scheduled sessions include:
- Samaritans and strangers: Outreach to and engagement with those still homeless
- Where will they live? Utilizing assets and advocacy for affordable housing
- Gleaning the fields: Creating employment and income opportunities
Scheduled speakers include:
- Kenneth Hammond, Senior Pastor, Union Baptist Church
- Anna Neal Blanchard, Executive Director, The Stewards Fund
- Chris Estes, Executive Director, North Carolina Affordable Housing Coalition
- Ashley Newkirk, Minister, World Overcomers Christian Church
For more information, please view the attached flier. Register for the Institute at faithinstituteonhomelessnessandpoverty.eventbrite.com/.
Organizer Tamaira Johnson
Thu, Sep. 8 - Fri, Sep. 9, 2011
3:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.