Homeless and Looking for Help?
While NCCEH does not provide services or housing, we've created this list of resources to assist you.
Looking for housing or temporary shelter?
- We have created an updated list of emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing across the state by county.
- www.nchousingsearch.org is a web-based listing of affordable rentals in North Carolina maintained by the NC Housing Finance Agency.
- The North Carolina Housing Coalition maintains this list of affordable housing and shelter by county.
- Other housing resources, such as financial assistance & counseling, information on Section 8 and Public Housing, housing for persons with special needs and foreclosure prevention can also be found on the NC Housing Coalition's website.
Looking for access to Mental Health Services?
Looking for food?
Looking for other services?
- North Carolina Division of Social Services is responsible for various programs and services.
- NC 2-1-1 is an excellent resource that connects people with important community services to meet everyday needs and the immediate needs of people in crisis.
- The National Homeless Veterans Call Center (1-877-424-3838) provides information and referrals for homeless veterans.