Homeless and looking for help?
While NCCEH does not provide services or housing, we've created this list of resources to assist you.
Looking for housing or temporary shelter?
- NC Housing Search is a web-based listing of affordable rentals in North Carolina, including those that are income-based and accept subsidies like Section 8 and VASH vouchers.
- The North Carolina Housing Coalition maintains a list of affordable housing and shelter by county.
- Other housing resources, such as information about financial assistance and counseling, Section 8 and public housing, housing for persons with special needs, and foreclosure prevention can also be found on the NC Housing Coalition's website.
Looking for access to mental health or substance use treatment?
- North Carolina's Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, Substance Abuse Services provides services throughout the state.
Looking for food?
- In Wake County, there are the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina, North Raleigh Ministries, Catholic Parish Outreach, and Urban Ministries.
- Elsewhere in North Carolina:
Looking for other services?
- North Carolina Division of Social Services is responsible for numerous programs and services, including TANF/Work First and food assistance.
- NC 2-1-1 is an excellent resource that connects people with important community services to meet everyday needs and the immediate needs of people in crisis.
- The National Homeless Veterans Call Center (1-877-424-3838) provides information and referrals for homeless veterans.