Charlotte Housing Policy Meeting
NCHC is pleased to announce its first in a series of six meetings around the state on housing and consumer protection issues. Learn what has and will happen legislatively and hear from local community members about the housing-related issues that should influence our legislative agendas.
The morning session will focus on state-level policy related to housing funding, consumer protections, landlord/tenant law, and housing for individuals with disabilities. After the provided lunch, HUD staff will discuss Federal funding issues with particular attention to HUD's sustainability initiatives. Both segments will include time to share information about what is happening in the community.
Morning Session, NC Housing Coalition
- 10:00 - Welcome/Introductions - Chris Estes, NC Housing Coalition
- 10:10 - Community Overview - Jennifer Gallman, Charlotte Housing Authority
- 10:30 - State Policy Update - Carley Ruff, NC Housing Coalition
10:40 - Pending State Policy Issues - Chris Estes, NC Housing Coalition
- Landlord/Tenant Law - Bill Rowe, NC Justice Center
- Consumer Protections - Chris Kukla, Center for Responsible Lending
- 11:10 - Group Discussions by Issue Area
- 12:00 - Wrap Up and Lunch (provided)
Afternoon Session, US Department of HUD
- 12:30 - Welcome/Introductions - Ed Jennings, Southeastern Regional Administrator, Dept. of HUD
- 12:45 - HUD Topic Forum - Shelley Poticha, Director, Office of Sustainable Housing and Communities, Dept. of HUD
- 1:15 - Q&A
- 2:00 - Wrap Up - Ed Jennings, HUD
Registration is required and the cost is $10 to cover a box lunch. If you’d like a vegetarian lunch, please make a note in the Additional Comments box when registering. Please click here to register.
Organizer NC Housing Coalition
Wed, Sept. 21, 2011
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
610 East 7th St.