NHCHC Training: LGBT Healthcare and Housing - Strategies and Resources
Register now for a full-day, live training presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council in partnership with the Fenway Institute and the Oasis Center, at Oasis Center's community room in Nashville, Tennessee. This training will offer strategies, resources and information regarding services for lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender (LGBT) youth and adults. The training will include a description of health disparities among LGBT people, introduction to best practices for caring for LGBT youth and transgender people, creating a welcoming environment for care, and a facilitated consumer panel discussion with Q&A and housing challenges for LGBT youth.
- Harvey Makadon, MD, Clinical Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Director of the National LGBT Health Education Center at The Fenway Institute
- Rob Garofalo, MD, MPH, Director, Center for Gender, Sexuality, and HIV Prevention, Children's Memorial Hospital and Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Preventative Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Al Ballesteros, CEO, JWCH Institute, Inc
- Jenny Gray, BA, MEd, Clinical Case Manager, Harwell Lofts - residential program for youth experiencing homelessness, Oasis Center
- Ben Griffith, BA, Coordinator, Street Outreach Program, Oasis Center
The training is free and open to all but seating is very limited so register soon. Lunch will be provided and networking encouraged.
Organizer National Health Care for the Homeless Council
Fri, June 29, 2012
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Oasis Center
Nashville, TN 37212