Life Skills 101: Tools to Prepare Consumers for Self-Sufficiency
Learn how to equip your clients with the life skills they need to become self-sufficient, including money management and preparation for housing. These tools can help your clients become ready to transition out of your program and into independent housing.
*HSN MEMBERS: When registering, please choose the Non-Member price and then enter the discount code in the box. The code will change the price from $15 to $0.
1:30pm – 1:45pm - Introductions
1:45 pm- 2:30pm - Life Skills Assessment and Components
- the components of the Ansey Casey Life Skills Assessment and how to utilize it
- how to evaluate and build on strengths and recognize weaknesses of the consumer
- how to develop a road map to self-sufficiency
2:30pm – 2:45pm - Break
2:45pm – 3:30pm - Basic Money Management
- basic money management skills using the FDIC Money Smart curriculum
- helping consumers improve money management skills - how to keep track of money, why saving is important, and more
3:30pm – 3:45pm - Break
3:45pm – 4:15 pm - Preparing for Housing
- what consumers need to prepare for housing
- how the Ready to Rent Program can help consumers gain permanent housing
- the importance of partnering with landlords
4:15pm – 4:30pm - Questions
**HSN MEMBERS: When registering, please choose the Non-Member price and then enter the discount code in the box. The code will change the price from $15 to $0.
Speaker LaKasha Fredlaw
Wake Co. Human Services/South Wilmington St. Center
Thu, April 2, 2009
1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Event has ended
1210 North Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28206