Join Our Team
The North Carolina Coalition to End Homelessness is seeking a full-time Data Analyst.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to foster coordination and cooperation among diverse groups. He or she will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle a heavy workload and keep track of detailed information. This position is an opportunity to engage with policy makers, state and local leaders, and housing and service providers to build capacity, strengthen partnerships, and create innovative programs to alleviate homelessness.
The North Carolina Coalition to End Homelessness is a statewide membership nonprofit created to secure resources, encourage public dialogue, and advocate for public policy change to end homelessness. NCCEH seeks to create alliances dedicated to changing the current system to end homelessness by addressing root causes and challenging North Carolina's acceptance of today's pervasive homelessness.
NCCEH staff work as a trust-based collaborative team to create a dynamic, creative workplace that focuses on questioning the status quo in order to bring about systems change.
The Data Analyst, who is based in Raleigh, NC and reports to the executive director, is responsible for the following:
- Community Facilitation and Community Assistance
- Responding to technical assistance requests from individuals, agencies, and regional committees on various homelessness topics
- Managing and facilitating collaborative decision-making processes and achieving established outcomes
- Creating and managing systems to track complex, detailed information and data
- Plan technical assistance, trainings, and presentations for workshops and professional meetings; deliver some presentations
- Interact with CHIN HMIS database staff and other partner organizations to collect and accurately interpret information
- Resource Creation
- Developing technical assistance tools and resources for communities to understand community data and implement strategies to end homelessness
- Assemble, organize, summarize, and interpret numerical data into useful documents for a wide variety of audiences
- Data Analysis and Research
- Manipulate and analyze large datasets using Excel and SPSS
- Collecting and evaluating information about best practices, policy, and research related to homelessness
- Conducting analyses related to homeless systems and programs, manipulating data from multiple sources, identifying key findings, comparing data to national trends and comparable communities
- Synthesize information from multiple disciplines, including health, mental health, homelessness, and affordable housing
- Complete research on a variety of topics, including conducting interviews and research over the phone and successfully conducting web and document based research
We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship building, are results-oriented, and have strong project management skills. You should have:
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
A demonstrated commitment to meeting high expectations and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles
Strong group facilitation, writing, and editing skills
Excellent listening, assessment, and problem-solving skills
Strong presentation skills and experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and other training techniques based on adult learning theory
- o Knowledge and practical understanding of the homelessness field including funding streams, population-specific needs, planning efforts, Continuum of Care practice, and housing and service models
o Demonstrated experience in carrying out research, data manipulation and analysis
o Program evaluation and outcomes measurement
o Experience translating program, community or systems goals into data collection tools
o Experience with management information systems
o Experience working in or with a direct service organization or local government agency responsible for administering a social service program
o Proficiency with Excel and SPSS
o Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, contributing content to CMS website, and Adobe Creative Suite
Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in related field preferred. Three to six years of professional experience in any of the areas above required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits and leave package. Travel required.
How to Apply
Required application documents:
- o Résumé
o Cover Letter
o Reference List
Include 3 professional references and describe how you know the individual and how long you have known the individual.
o Writing Sample
Include a writing sample (one or more pieces) that will provide an example of your professional writing. You may also submit other documents, such as PowerPoint presentations, in addition to the writing sample to provide additional insight.
Upload résumé, cover letter, reference sheet, and writing sample to NCCEH’s online form here. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications received by May 17, 2013 are guaranteed review. NCCEH is an equal opportunity employer.