HCH Webinar: Health Reform and Medicaid Expansion - Lessons Learned from Three States
This webinar will examine the Affordable Care Act and its effects on Medicaid. Starting in 2014 (or earlier at the state option), the ACA will expand Medicaid to most childless adults earning at or below 138% of the federal poverty level (about $15,000 for an individual). This expansion of health insurance to those at the lowest income levels will bring both opportunities and challenges for the HCH community and the clients it serves. A small number of states have already expanded Medicaid to this population and have learned from their experiences. Participants of this webinar will hear from HCH grantees in Massachusetts, New York, and Colorado, and learn how to avoid some pitfalls and implement what works best to connect those experiencing homelessness most effectively with Medicaid.
- Barbara DiPietro, PhD, Director of Policy, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Robert Taube, PhD, MPH, Executive Director, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
- BJ Iacino, Director of Education and Advocacy, Colorado Coalition for the Homeless, Denver
- Debbian Fletcher-Blake, APRN, FNP, Assistant Executive Director, Care for the Homeless, New York
- Doug Berman, MS, Senior Vice President of Policy, Harlem United, New York
Please click here to register for the webinar.
Organizer National Health Care for the Homeless Council
Tue, July 24, 2012
1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.