Fair Housing Rights for People with Disabilities
Topics presented will include:
- Basic Fair Housing Protections
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Reasonable Modifications
- Issues Associated with Access and Design
Who Should Attend?
- People with Disabilities
- People Living with HIV/AIDS
- Disability Rights Advocates
- Providers of Housing and Related Services for People with Disabilities
- Anyone who Cares about Equal Access to Decent, Affordable Housing
Presenters: Adrienne Allison, Director of Advocacy & Compliance, Disability Rights NC, and Kelly Clarke, Staff Attorney, Legal Aid of NC, Raleigh Office
This is a free seminar, but advanced registration is requested. Please click here to register below or contact John Niffenegger at the NC Housing Coalition.
Presented by: NC Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of NC, NC Housing Coalition, Disability Rights NC, Durham Human Relations Commission, Neighborhood Improvement Services, City of Durham, Department of Community Development, City of Durham and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
This seminar is funded in part through a grant under the Fair Housing Initiatives Program with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Organizer John Niffenegger
Wed, Sept. 28, 2011
12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
554 E. Hargett St.
Raleigh, NC 27601