NC Affordable Housing Conference
Sponsored by the North Carolina Housing Coalition, the Community Investment Corporation of the Carolinas, and the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency, "Housing Works" will showcase exemplary models in affordable housing and illustrate how affordable housing works for North Carolina's families, communities, and economy.
Learn how recovery resources are working in North Carolina and how new laws and regulations, including the SAFE Act and changes to the low-income housing tax credit, may impact your business and your clients.
- The latest university-level research on housing
- Using communication tools to counter NIMBY
- Integrating new markets and historic tax credit equity financing Improving energy efficiency in existing stock
- Cost effective “greening” of single-family and multifamily developments
- Putting partnerships to work for supportive housing
- Making the case for affordable housing to lawmakers
Special track for housing counselors: Earn CE credits and get an overview of changes in the industry, foreclosure prevention resources in the state, the ins and outs of bankruptcy, and new ways to prepare home buyers.
For more information on the conference and to register, check the conference website.
Organizer NC Housing Coalition
Thu, Sep. 16 - Fri, Sep. 17, 2010
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Raleigh Convention Center